Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break

Spring Break was awesome!  It felt so good to have time off.
For the first weekend my family and I went to Salt Lake and visited my Grandparents. I
got to go skiing at Solitude and my brother Garrett had a huge wipe out!!! He went straight down an Intermediate hill and then both his skis came off. He rolled down and ended up more than 30 ft. away from his skis! We all had fun, though the two youngest stayed home with Grandma. We also got to go to The Clark Planetarium at The Gateway. I actually thought that it was pretty cool. We also got to see the dancing fountains. It was really pretty.

The Clark Planetarium:

My family and I came back Monday evening, and we didn't travel too far away for the rest 
of the week. Tuesday we did a deep clean around our house. Wednesday we went went swimming and I got a huge bruise on my leg. I had jumped up in the water and ended up having my shin hit the stair and make a long, big bruise. It hurt!!!! Thursday we went to Zion's 
National Park (which was beautiful). Of course, Madi ended up falling 
asleep with her head 
nestled in my mom's neck. It was so sweet! Friday I got sick for the 
first part of the day, but ended up
 feeling better. And then, that evening we had two families over at our house. One was our friends from Colorado and the other my Aunt Kali and Uncle Kevin and their kids. It was a full house!

Our friends from Colorado left the next day but my cousins stayed over the weekend. We did a lot of fun stuff with them. We got In-N-Out Burger for dinner Saturday. We also got to go to the Temple Visitors Center on Sunday. We watched a 13 min. movie called "Pioneer Miracle". I thought it was great. Then, on Monday, we had a lot of fun at Jumpin' Jacks. I got a big rash on my leg from going down a slide and I still have a mark. I really enjoyed my Spring Break. Though I am disappointed that it is over, I think my time was well spent.

3 comments:

  1. those pics look like so much fun we should hang out sometime your an awesome friend ps. cute blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! We should DEFINITELY hang out some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY MAKENZIE I MISS YOU SO MUCH i hope you are having fun in St.george i wish i was there :( i love your blog it is so coolio lolz everyone here misses you so much. So how is middle school there in St.George? well miss you so much!!
    ~molly~

    ReplyDelete